How to set up L2TP/IPsec VPN on macOS computers:
- Open System Preferences and go to the Network section.
- Click the + button in the lower-left corner of the window.
- Select VPN from the Interface drop-down menu.
- Select L2TP over IPSec from the VPN Type drop-down menu.
FreeVPNCenterfor the Service Name.
- Click Create.
Server-address-providedfor the Server Address.
username-providedfor the Account Name.
- Click the Authentication Settings button.
- In the User Authentication section, select the Password radio button and enter
password-providedas its value.
- In the Machine Authentication section, select the Shared Secret radio button and enter
PSK-providedas its value.
- Click OK.
- Check the Show VPN status in menu bar checkbox.
- Click the Advanced button and make sure the Send all traffic over VPN connection checkbox is selected.
- Click the TCP/IP tab, and make sure Link-local only is selected in the Configure IPv6 section.
- Click OK to close the Advanced settings, and then click Apply to save the VPN connection information.
You can connect to the VPN using the VPN icon in the menu bar, or by selecting the VPN in the Network section of System Preferences and choosing Connect.